Version 3.1c of 3DSimED includes a plugin to import cars and tracks from F1-2015, below is a short guide to importing.
- Locate the F1-2015 folder which should be a sub-folder of your Steam installation, for example:
- Tracks will be found in the
f1_2014_environment_packagefolder and then within the track folder find the
Most tracks will have three
wep.erpfiles. For the 2014 version choose the
2014.wep.erp; the other two will open the 2015 version.
- Car folders can be in either
f1_2015_vehicle_package\teams. As with tracks, the sub-folder required of the cars is the
- The 3DSimED3 plugin will import from ERP archives which are packed files which need to be decompressed. For this reason importing from tracks may require some patience even on a powerful system.
- If importing tracks a 64-bit operating system is very useful because 3DSimED will then have 4GB of memory to use by itself whereas on a 32-bit system the 4GB has to be shared with other applications, services etc.
- Textures are written to temporary sub-folder of the 3DSimED3 folder, if 3DSimED3 crashes you should find and clear these temporary folders.