I am working on adding another axis to the view in 3DSimED3. I am calling it ‘Tilt’ as it will be controlled by the tilt of a mouse wheel but conventionally this type of rotation is a known as ‘roll’. It’s not a super-useful feature but it should make for some nice screen shots.
Nested Object editing will be included in the next release.
The Edit->Object By Name function will soon feature a tree control to show the nesting of objects.
It will be possible to select any object in the tree for editing – previously it was only possible to edit top-level objects directly.
A Plugin is available to allow 3DSimED to import Assetto Corsa .KN5 models. The plugin is part of the 3DSimED release package. Download here.
New: rF2 Animated objects.
- Animated objects can be imported from rF2 and rendered.
- Animated Objects can be moved, rotated and exported back to rF2 format without losing animation.
- Animated objects can be copied and pasted between models.
Enhanced: PSSG Import from F1-2013 is greatly enhanced.
- Objects can now have multiple materials reducing the object count considerably
- Low level of detail within objects is now discarded by default (to include all LOD within objects use Import Options).
- A database of known transparent materials is used to set material transparencies for tracks.
- Characters such as drivers, photographers and helmet objects can now be imported.
Enhanced: Import of Wavefront .Obj
- The Y & Z axes can be swapped – see the Import Options dialog.
- Multiple .OBJ files can be imported with the Import As Objects function
Eye and Walk viewing are fixed.
Improvement to sky dome rendering at high zooms
An animated model with low frame-rates will no longer cause delays to menu functions.
New: Live reflection map of reflected environment (REFLECTEDENV) rF2 track objects. Road and water shaders will use this reflection texture map.New: Material Animation is no longer restricted to animation of texture stage 0. This allows effects such as water ripple to be modelled.
New: The background is now rendered with a sky dome.
New: The rendering frequency of Material Animation can now be set.
New: NetKar .NKO car models can now be imported.
Texture coordinates corrected for F1-2013 import of cars.
Improvements to binormals and tangents used for bump mapping shaders.
Improvements to rendering with environment cube maps.
Fixed problems with XP compatibility.Exported rF1 and rF2 .gmt could become invisible in game.Materials using some of the SRPL Shader Pack were not exported correctly.
Cube mapping rendering has been improved.
The spinners of the Object and Point Panes could cause small inaccuracies in the edit boxes.
View Object was not correctly updating the centre of the drawing.
There were problems using arrow keys in the drop-down material list of the Material Pane.
The vertex colours and alpha of NFS objects are now used.
Import of multi-texture materials in NFS is improved.
New: HDR Pane with rendering preview.New: Improved shader handling for 3rd party shaders (such as the SRPL package).
New: Export of multiple .3DS
New: Import of GRID 2 cars and tracks.
New: Import of NetKar Pro .NKO binary files via plugin.
Updated Pixel and Vertex Shaders now includes Real Road shader.
Export of rF2 objects could fail after erasing Material geometry.
Tooltip on Select Shader dialog includes shader title.
Attempted fix for some users reporting having to use Reload Textures after Importing.
The Display Sky No Z Depth function was broken.