Version 3.1f of 3DSimED includes a plugin to import cars and tracks from F1-2016, below is a short guide to importing.
- Locate the F1-2016 folder which should be a sub-folder of your Steam installation, for example:
- Tracks will be found in the asset_groups\
environment_package\tracksfolder and then within the chosen track folder find the
wepfolder. Select the
track_2016.erpfile in the wep folder.
- The car folder will be a sub-folder of
asset_groups\f1_2016_vehicle_package\teams. As with tracks, the sub-folder required for opening a car is the
wepfolder which should contain one erp file.
- The 3DSimED3 plugin will import from ERP archives which are packed files which need to be decompressed. For this reason importing from tracks may require some patience even on a powerful system.
- If importing tracks a 64-bit operating system is very useful because 3DSimED will then have 4GB of memory to use by itself whereas on a 32-bit system the 4GB has to be shared with other applications, services etc.
- Textures are written to temporary sub-folder of the 3DSimED3 folder, if 3DSimED3 crashes you should find and clear these temporary folders.